What a great way to start out your day with nothing other than some pumpkin pancakes? The following recipe is an adaptation of Martha Stewart’s Pumpkin Pancakes from momadvice.com. Feedback on her site for this recipe indicated a need to adjust the recipe allowing for more milk and more pumpkin. This recipe does add more milk but not more of the pumpkin puree. So play around with the recipe until you get the desired “pumpkin” taste.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup low-fat milk
- ⅓ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin, melted butter, and egg.
- Fold mixture into dry ingredients.
- Spray or grease a skillet and heat over medium heat: pour in ¼ cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side. This recipe makes six 6-inch pancakes.
Have you ever tried pumpkin pancakes before?
recipe and photos from: